Kurt Roderick, aka Coach K-Rod
- Head Coach/Owner
- M.A. Political Science
- Murder of Crows USA Weightlifting Club Coach
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS)
- Certified CrossFit Trainer Level 3 (CF-L3)
- CrossFit Competitor Certification
- CrossFit Advanced Weightlifting Trainer
- CrossFit Advanced Gymnastics Trainer
- CrossFit Running Workshop
- CrossFit Kettlebell Workshop
- CrossFit Mobility Trainer
- USA Weightlifting Advanced Sport’s Performance Coach
- USA Weightlifting National Technical Official
- Totten Advanced/Basic Olympic Lifting Certified
- Ma Strength Weightlifting Level Two
- Pendlay Level Two
- Rippetoe Starting Strength Seminar Attendee.
A former academic couch potato, Kurt had an athletic background as a kid that was abandoned for over a decade. Kurt eventually found himself overweight and embarrassed by his lack of physical ability and deteriorating health. Luckily he had a life changing moment when he was encouraged to attend the grand opening of Pioneer Valley CrossFit and met Coach Sean Manseau in 2008. That day gave Kurt a new passion and appreciation for health and fitness. He has continued to pursue his passion in CrossFit, Olympic weightlifting, and gymnastics by becoming a CrossFit Level 1 Trainer in the summer of 2011.
Coach Kurt is Club Coach for the Murder of Crows USA Weightlifting Club, and has coached athletes at the American Open and many local competitions. He is also the first Level 3 Trainer in the CrossFit Community under the new classification system. Kurt does the programming for the general CrossFit classes, and personalized programming for the weightlifting club. Email him at CoachKurt@CrowHillCrossFit.com if you are looking to get started.