Dan McCarthy, aka Coach CanaDan
- Head Coach/Owner
- Certified CrossFit Trainer Level 3 (CF-L3)
- Pose Running Technique Specialist
- USA Triathlon Level One Coach
- USA Weightlifting Advanced Sports Performance Coach
- CrossFit Competitor Certificate
- CrossFit Gymnastics Certificate
- Kettlebell Concepts Level One Instructor
- Concept 2 Indoor Rowing Instructor
- CrossFit Movement and Mobility Certificate
- Ironman 70.3 Finisher.
A former endurance athlete, Dan found CrossFit after getting bored of running and biking everyday. Originally from Toronto, ON, Dan moved to New York City in 2004, and (after a moderately successful career as a jazz vibraphonist) began coaching CrossFit in 2010. After learning how to incorporate CrossFit into endurance training, Dan was able to merge his two favorite physical activities and loves nothing more than sharing his passion with other athletes. When he’s not talking about the dangers of modern-day running shoes, you can catch him going on and on about his other love, nutrition. Seriously, don’t get him started!